Track Parents, If you have not received this information this week please email me to begin receiving HRV Track team emails.
Instant Links to HRV Track Events
Welcome to another fantastic season of Track & Field in Hood River. Our coaches are excited as we prepare for the upcoming season. Please message me back to let me know if your student/athlete is no longer on the HRV track team to remove you from the email list.
The season schedule and calendar is attached to this email. This is great family schedule material. We will stick to this calendar 99% throughout the season. Any changed times or dates will be communicated in advance.
Important Upcoming dates
Thursday, Feb 20 – Lunch meeting for athletes interested in Track at HRV in Meyle’s room
Tuesday, March 3 – First day of practice – Meet in Main Gym
Thursday, March 5 – TRACK Parent Meeting – 6-7pm at HRV Library
Saturday, March 7 – HRV Learn by Doing Clinic – 8am-2pm
Saturday, April 4 – T&F Officials Training 2-5PM HRV Track
First thing to do to prepare for the track season
Be sure medical physical is up to date
Register your HRV Track athlete – SPRING ATHLETE REGISTRATION
Team Store through Gear-Up Sports
- We highly prefer each athlete purchases the team-T-shirt or one form of HRV T&F gear if they do not already have one. I understand this may not fit in every families budget, we will take care of any athletes who we notice needs a shirt.
- Great place to purchase nike team gear for athletes, parents, and family.
- Link for Gear Up will be sent out when the store is ready this week
Become a trained T&F Official to help with track events!
- We are working hard to assemble 2 track meet crews that are trained in how to facilitate each event at home meets. Having trained meet workers has been one of the main contributing factors to us not having many home competitions. We want to change that for the positive so our athletes can compete in front of family and friends more often
- Meet help comes in two forms. 1.) Trained meet official to manage each event. This takes 8-10 per meet. 2.) Worker bees helping with odds and ends at a meet such as raking pits, retrieving throwing implements, back up stop watches, check in clerks, starting block movers, concession stand leaders.
- Saturday, April 4 – 2-5pm at HRV Track; We will host a FREE training hosted by the USATF of Oregon who has kindly volunteered to come out to help us get our skilled volunteer base built.
- Sign Up here: https://forms.gle/GTFqwHPkyvNb63Bj8
Learn by Doing Clinic March 7
- For the past 40 years HRV has hosted a “Learn by Doing Clinic” the first Saturday of the season. We bring in the best coaches in the PNW for each specific event. Over 300 athletes from other schools will attend.
- We need help from parents to: Check in athletes, Set up Lunch (Pre made sandwiches, chips, cookie), Clean up Lunch. I will have a sign up form for our team events sent out soon.
- Sign your athlete Up for the clinic here: https://forms.gle/QDA5UbxTLGC58UWC8
Whats new with HRV Track in 2020?
- A majority of our varsity invitationals land on a Friday. The thought is to add another day of rest to each week during the season.
- We added Kyle Turner to our coaching staff. Kyle is the HRMS PE teacher and AD. Kyle will coach the horizontal jumps and hurdles. Our other coaches include Troy Tactay, Alesa Logsdson, Shawn Meyle, Jeremy Dyal, Ellie Schmidt, Randy Yoshimura
- Goals to establish a stronger team culture. This season we will concentrate on bringing all the athletes of the different events of track and field into one cohesive group.
Elementary Track & Field Team
- Our team will again host a Elementary Track team. This program is organized and directed by HRV Track athletes. We will be looking to add 15-20 coaches to help with the team. This is a way kids can earn their team shirt instead of purchasing it.
- Interested in signing up an Elementary student, the link below will direct you to the community ed registration page.
- K-5; Every Tuesday/Thursday 5-6pm; April 14-May 7