We are currently open for nominations to the HOOD RIVER VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL (HOOD RIVER AND WY’EAST) HALL OF FAME Class of 2020.
Submissions for the Class of 2020 close on May 1st. Nomination form link at bottom of article. The Awards night is planned for September 19, 2020 in Hood River and in conjunction with a Friday night home football game. GO EAGLES!
Hood River Valley High School Hall of Fame is a memorial to outstanding individuals who, through their exceptional achievements, have brought honor to themselves, their school and the community.
The purpose of the HRV High School Hall of Fame is to formally recognize outstanding contributions to the heritage and tradition of the Eagle athletic program. It is the intent of this Hall of Fame to honor and preserve the memory of athletes, teames, coaches, and others whose achievements have brought recognition and honor to HRV High School and its athletic program. A criterion for selection not only includes achievements while at HRV High School, but possibly other accomplishments in post High School athletics. Each inductee will receive a plaque highlighting the accomplishments of the inductee. Recognition will be displayed at HRV High School.
Candidates are eligible through at least one of the four classifications:
- ATHLETIC: Among the considerations taken into account will be individual All-District, All-Conference, All-State, State Medalist or Champion, team accomplishments, individual school or team records held and impact on teams and the overall athletic program including outstanding post high school accomplishments
- EAGLE BOOSTER/CONTRIBUTOR: Private citizens who have been great “Eagle” boosters and have made outstanding contributions to the athletic program at HRV High School.
- SCHOOL DISTRICT EMPLOYEE: Individuals who have made have made outstanding contributions to HRV High School programs. Such as: Coaches, Admiststrators, Teachers, etc.
- ACADEMICS: Outstanding HRV Scholar/Athlete who have brought honor and fame to HRV by their outstanding post high school civic achievements and/or professional careers.
NOMINATION SUPPORT CRITERIA:
- Academics (G.P.A)
- Strength of Schedule (if possible) (School Service Clubs)
- Offices Held
- Number of Years (Sports Participated in)
- College or University Athletic Achievements
- Career Achievements, Accomplishments, and Award
- Honors, Medals, at the State, National, or World Levels
- Testimonials from coaches, teachers, or citizens
Candidates for membership in the Hall of Fame shall be former HRV High School students and personnel who meet the requirements set forth in this constitution. In order to be inducted, candidates must receive a majority vote (more than 50%) from the HRV High Committee.
- Nominees will be submitted by the public and found through research. All nominees will be reviewed by the selection committee.
- A vote will be taken and those nominees who receive a majority of the vote will be inducted into the HRV Hall of Fame.
- If a person is on the ballot and has not received more than 2 votes during a two year period, they will be removed from the list. That person may be renominated in the future.
- In the event that a committee member is being considered as a candidate for the Hall of Fame, they are not to vote when their name comes up.
- The number of people inducted will be eight (8) individuals and one team the first year, and up to five (5) individuals and one team each of the following years.
- Committee Members (10) : HRV Athletic Director, Two (2) Current HRV Coaches, HRV Principal, One Booster Club Member, One School Board Member, Two (2) HRV Staff Members, and Two (2) at large Community Members
You can find the Hall of Fame rules and nomination form at the below link: