Congratulations to the HRVHS 2020 February Student-Athletes of the Month.
We are so glad to have these students & teams in our school district and our education-based, co-curricular, transformative athletic programs.
We will continue with the Spring Sports Student-Athletes of the Month even though the season has been suspended through April 28th at this time. Stay tuned for the March HRVHS SAOTM coming soon.
Keep up the good work! “Go Blue! Be Gold!”
🦅 GO EAGLES!!!
Sarah Arpag – Women’s Swimming – Sophomore
- Sarah’s favorite classes are English and Biology and has a 3.85 gpa
- She led the girls swim team to state by qualifying in 4 events – the 200 medley relay, 400 free relay and the 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke individual events.
- She improved in all her events, and finished 2nd in the 100 fly and 3rd in the 100 back at State, along with anchoring the 4th place 400 free relay at state.
- She enjoyed helping teach our Friday nightswim lessons in January.
- She was our high point winner this season and led the team by her example.
Lauraine Smith – Women’s Wrestling – Freshman
- Taking 9 classes. Earned a 3.67 first semester of HS.
- 3-Sport athlete for the Eagles! (Football, Wrestling, Track & Field)
- She has been to every practice, match and team event.
- Leads by example and work ethic
- All-State honors: 4th in state in her weight class for the OSAA State Championships as a freshman
- Manny was our starting point guard as a sophomore. He was third in scoring and first in steals in the month of February.
- He is a team first player that does not get upset when he comes out of the game, and finds a way to help his team from the bench.
- He is a great student that is in AVID
- He is in the gym before school when he can and is constantly asking me to open the gym so he can get better.
David Hecksel – Men’s Swimming – Senior
- David’s favorite class is RGB – Research Biogenetics and Bioethics and has a 3.4 gpa
- He will attend Colorado Mesa University this fall
- David had an amazing season swimming. He led the team as high point winner, and at State kept dropping time.
- David anchored the 200 free relay for 1st in State in that event, he was 2nd in State in the 100 backstroke, and was 3rd at State in the 50 free.
- His improvement thru the season and the way he led the team thru his calm example at State was inspiring to all, and he helped out with our lesson program on Fridays also with our young community members.